YellowsBest helps Customers to keep their infrastructure networks operational by undertaking a range of Enterprise Support activities. These Services can be purchased case-by-case or by annual agreement. Please contact us should anything mentioned in the following descriptions be of interest to meet your needs.
Operations & Maintenance
Organisations with systems and infrastructure have a wide range of service requirements for running systems and maintaining assets.
- When a business is growing and when staff change, requirements for ‘accelerated learning’ are generated. However, training from vendors may be too generic and excessive. What is usually needed is something a lot more focused on the day-to-day business activities.YB can provide tailor-made hands-on instruction on a wide range of tasks that deliver exactly the knowledge transfer staff need to function at their best and ensure optimum business operations.
- Telephone Assistance
- From time-to-time, operational difficulties, equipment faults as well as enquiries of a non-urgent nature occur and it is useful to have a source of help to call upon for assistance.YB can provide a working hours telephone support service (or 24/7 ’emergency’ cover if necessary) for customer staff to call-up and have their queries logged, with call-back by an engineer within an agreed SLA period.
- Engineering Site Visits
- Should telephone assistance not be sufficient to resolve operational difficulties, a visit to a customer’s premises may need to be considered.YB can arrange for a suitably qualified engineering expert to make a planned visit to the customer’s site in order to troubleshoot the issues and provide recommendations for the way forward.
- Solutions Sourcing
- When systems have reached the end of their useful working life, repairs are challenging and spares are unattainable, companies may need to completely change out or upgrade their infrastructure equipment. Given the complex nature of infrastructure systems, which have in most cases been built up over a considerable period and utilising a wide range of technologies, it can be complicated to implement new requirements whilst accommodating existing operations.YB can provide solutions engineering assistance to businesses to help specify the details of the requirements, and then seek out the product solutions accordingly, in the form of either complete replacement systems, or re-manufactured elements to provide the most efficient substitution of equivalent required functionality. Particularly where operational requirements have not changed, it may prove commercially beneficial to replace like-for-like products. In many cases, the substitution of functionally equivalent newer elements may pay for themselves over time through efficiency savings due to lower power consumption, etc.
- Spares Supply
- In order to ensure the availability of existing installed operational infrastructure, as well as enabling capacity expansion, it is best to have a number of spare elements and line replaceable units. Sometimes the repair of equipment elements is not possible, such as when the item is physically damaged or Beyond Economic Repair (BER). Or it can be the case that the repair times are long, and in order to safeguard continuous operations of systems, additional parts are needed to be kept by the field maintenance teams for substitution at site when failures occur.YB can seek out and source the required equipment spare parts, which for older and legacy systems can be hard to obtain, and for newer systems may be obtained at more competitive prices. In many cases these parts can be newly manufactured to order and delivered within specified lead-times, or quickly despatched from either unused surplus stocks or ‘2nd user’ items, particularly in the case when systems are deemed obsolete and are no longer produced by the OEM.
- Hardware Repair
- From time-to-time, hardware elements within infrastructure systems fail, and repair services are required. The diversity of modern networks and technologies in use by businesses means that there are a wide range of parts procured over a considerable period of time, from a multitude of vendors and international manufacturers from across the globe. This means that there is a spectrum of the relatively new to aging items, some parts being still under warranty to elements from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). Sourcing hardware repair services can therefore often be a challenge, when the OEM no longer exists or the product has been made ‘obsolete’.YB is able to provide a comprehensive repairs management service, assisting business by acting as a single returns facility for both new and old equipment items. Using our network of independent repair houses to supplement OEM services enables repairs to be performed for a broad range of new and old technologies, all to a standard equivalent to the original working condition and with warranted operation.
- Software Support
- Modern infrastructure systems usually contain key software components, and in the case of network management systems, the software is a fundamental aspect of the infrastructure service delivery.YB can arrange for the expertise in the specific software solutions to be made available, and where applicable arrange for upgrades of older systems to the latest, supported versions of the system deployment.
Reverse Logistics – Value Recovery
When an infrastructure system has reached the end of its useful operational life, and a project is undertaken to implement its modern replacement, it is often the case that little prior thought is given to how to remove the system being replaced, and what best to do with the equipment being removed, other than to simply send for scrap.
YB can bring some key benefits to the customer and the environment at large by assisting with the ‘reverse logistics’ removal of the replaced system equipment, and then bring a welcome source of revenue through resale and recycling of the recovered legacy elements.